Sunday 29 July 2012

Turban Trend


There's something elegant and exotic about wearing a turban. It creates an element of sophistication to any look. Today women are seen fashioning their turbans for all occasions including effortless street wear looks to red carpet events.  Referring back to the history of the turban, women and men have been wearing them since the 17th century. However, in the early 20th century it was fashion designer Paul Poiret who presented the turban into the western fashion scene.  We have seen the turban trend reoccur continuously since. 

What I love about the turban is that it is so easy to put together yet creates such a strong statement. Either use a scarf or a strip of fabric, wrap it around your head a couple of times, tie a knot and finally tuck in ends and you're done! Today, you can find affordable turbans in all sorts of fabric, allowing you to move the trend between seasons. I have styled some looks based around the turban trend below for you to reference.

I particularly love to style the same coloured turban and dress, especially for a formal occasion. You can introduce other colours through your accessories. I have done this in my below look. However,  in saying this, I do love how effortlessly cool a patterned turban can add to a casual look. The clash can add a lot of edge. 







9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post sweetie!!! I loveeeeee your outfit, you look stunning in that beautiful colour! Love the turban and also your shoes and other accessories!! Loving the outfits you put together using the turbans :)

    Take care, Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this look and this vintage turban advertisement is darling :)

    www.3six5daysoffashion.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW
    I love your outfit and blog :)
    amazing all :)

    I follow your blog on Bloglovin :)

    visit my blog

    tamaritza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look flawless head to toe!!
    http://www.trendsection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very posh, chick look! I love your shoes and nails especially as well! I may need to try the turban trend since I love hats so much! -Jessica

    THEJESSICALBLOG.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. Love your dress. Although I like the look of turbans, they don't seem to go very well with me :( but looks really cute on you.
    Nice!

    * STYLE ID NET *
    * Filomenas Closet *

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress! So beautiful and really awesome idea about wearing it with a turbin! Unique and lovely!

    Rebecca

    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your nail polish, pretty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox